8 Jan 2012

|| Things I'm Making || Gentleman Burglar I


After two weeks of mental construction, I have decided that my next sculpture is going to be a gentleman burglar, as a tribute to my favorite novel series Arsene Lupin. Sorry Sherlock, you are the second.

A 3D copy of the man in the book cover above looks pretty boring, so I have some other thoughts in mind. But that is not important at this stage -- At the moment I vaguely have a feeling of how the sculpture's final look should turn out to be, although how I get there is yet to work out.

So here I start...





...with a ball, roughly.



Then I filled out bits and pieces -- mainly cheek, nose, forehead, muscles around the mouth, chin -- to make it like a face, roughly, as well as digging out a couple eye sockets.


Refine the shapes a little. About to work on the eye area. 


At the end, about two hours, I had the face roughly done.The size of the head is 5-6cm from chin to top.



Refined proportions a bit more.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment